News:

Border Conflicts non-stop in Deneb!

Incoming transmission from pilot Illusion: Seeking Membership

Started by Illusion, September 12, 2007, 08:50:10 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Illusion

Heya fellow Itani's,

I'm Illusion, I first played Vendetta about a year ago but my comp wasn't really up to it. I used to be a member of a guild [BHU]? I think it was, seems they've disbanded now.

Anyhow... Smittens spotted me chasing a pirate that boomed my trade vessel and asked if I'd like to join [Itan].

I'd like to take up the offer, I'm 34yr old from England, currently at 9/10/8/6/5 and like to boom serco. Not dumb! Noticed that being in this guild means no booming [CDC] [PA] [SSC] [TGFT] [ITG] even if they are Serco. (but if they attack 1st then... Barney!)

End transmission.

Smittens

I approve! Also, this way Foo Fighter will have some company in the UK Timezone

slime

You seem like a decent guy. :)

spidey

well i gess as soon as iry sees you ingame he will give you an invite

cya soon :)
Some random crap saying that's mildly philosophical.

Foo Fighter

Cool.
Just observe the Holdan Rule
There are a few of us in the UK on V.O. (tho not many in ITAN).
Semper Fide

spidey

Illusion our rules are simple no swarms no ganking uless it is allowed no running and no greifing unless its roda slane

and no pirating or shooting players in these guilds unless they agree to a fight or they fire at you witout you agreeing [CDC] [PA] [SSC] [TGFT] [ITG] [VPR]= DO NOT SHOOT! Yes, Even if they are Serco.

Smittens

Don't listen to spidey. Apparently he doesn't know the rules.

Rule 1: (The Holdan Rule) Don't be a dick
Rule 2: Don't run from any fight you start (ie, if you shoot at them you have to stay)
Rule 3: Don't swarm just for fun. If you're trading, or shooting a capship and some player starts attacking you go ahead.

We have nothing about ganking or griefing...in fact ganking is encouraged in Sedina B8 against enemy guilds (IE SCAR, SAF, CLM, SYN)

spidey

whoa smittens ganking is not cool >:( its only you that does it

I only gank in border patrol because its a warzone b-8 is more like a fighting ring i find

Little Doom

....what is ganking again?.......

VOTE FOR DOOM!
Epic fail.

DD       OO       OO     M       M
D  D   O    O   O    O   MM   MM
D  D   O    O   O    O   M M M M
DD       OO       OO     M   M  M

Ouroboros

Ganking = teamwork.

Smittens

Really spidey, whatever misguided opinions you've formed about B8 this is how it is, and how it should be. "Ganking" is the term used by people who either 1) Get their ass kicked too many times, or 2) Don't have any friends to work with. If you can't fight more than one person than you deserve to get attacked by multiple people. Maybe once you learn to fight when you're outnumbered, spidey, nine kills without a death won't be as special.

slime

I'm in agreeance with spidey, for once.

Harpo

Smitt I think you are asking for trouble.

Foo Fighter

September 15, 2007, 08:07:06 am Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:09:50 pm by Foo Fighter
Okay I kinda disagree about that ganking part.

IMHO Ganking is not a black-and-white issue. There are many times that someone who can't handle team-fighting will wail "ganking" / "gankers" but doesn't really have a leg to stand on - he should learn to fight against 2, bring his own team, or avoid engaging and instead run.

However, there are other times when 2 or more pirates will specifically gank up on somebody and take them out, by being deceitful.
For example yesterday Edras I2 was effectively blockaded by 4 - 6 pirates (M.Whittman, TheBlackFlag, tumblemonster, Jolly Roger and I forget the others). Right so I come out in a Valk and TheBlackFlag had a Valk too and we agreed to fight. After about 2 to 3 mins he was down to 37% health and had let loose all (or most) of his flares, and I had still 90%. At that time I then got ganked by 2 other pirates, they took me down to 60% and I started boosting away. TBF then left the fight. I did not whine about it on [100], but I did take them to task on sector chat and taunt TBF on sector chat. Basically their attitude was: we're pirates yarr. Mistakenly I did not leave the sector (cos they were going on sector chat: run, you ITAN, run), so they ganked me. Okay - that seems a clear situation of ganking. Oh, and as for using teamwork, sorry but there was only 1 other ITAN on yesterday evening before midnight. So, despite the number of accounts, ITAN is not really a force to reckon with pirates ... or is it.

(TBF subsequently didn't acknowledge that he would have been beat, BTW).
One more time in that sector, when they were few, I agreed to engage one of them, it was quite clear no ganking, only for the others to try to gank me. Basically this is bullying and is bullshti. I eventually killed JollyRoger.
Whatever, it's grey space, they're pirate scum, and I can run fast, no big deal.
(TBF and I did have a 1-to-1 but this time he brought a Cent IBG, I dunno if he didn't want to face me in a Valk, but he knows how to use the Cent IBG! so he won out eventually).

Okay what I'm saying is there is no black-and-white to this "Ganking", its a grey scale and it's subjective. I do agree that we should not use non-consensual ganking to harass a player (I confess, I did it to Rhonda Slane). I think when pirates do that, it's wrong and they are lame not to be good enough to take you on their own. On the other hand there are multiplayer situations where you can expect the other side to use teamwork (such as CTC) - make plans for how you're gonna deal with that.
So, even if there is no hard-and-fast rule prohibiting it, let's not exaggerate with the ganking;
but lets definitely use teamwork where it's called for.
Semper Fide

spidey

I just hate being ganked so i never do it to other people who respect what i ask them not to do.

Go Up

15 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome to Coalition of Itan [ITAN]. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 09:35:20 am

Login with username, password and session length