April 18, 2024, 02:16:37 pm

News:

Border Conflicts non-stop in Deneb!

My i please re join the guild

Started by JestatisBess, July 01, 2006, 03:24:28 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Smittens

JB, do you want the council or everyone to vote on letting you back in? Rogue had a council-only poll, and then got angry when I told him to move it to general discussion so everyone could vote

slime

?
he didn't get angry because of that. he got angry because you locked the thread.

JestatisBess

Smittens you said a vote was needed to let me back in i didn't.  I don't care if the whole guild votes or just the council.

JB

Stranger

July 02, 2006, 09:48:30 pm Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:52:54 pm by Stranger
Geno said "I think you can ask "Stranger", that if he goes to his supperior officer in a time like an impending [SCAR] attack and starts a poll on , let's say the submarine, to overthrow his commanding officer, what will he do ? Probably, throw him into jail. (Correct me if I am wrong Stranger)."

Yes Geno, legal action would be taken.  It would be considered "Disrespect to a Superior Officer"  You would get tried and jailed.  Now if you tried to forcefully remove an officer that would be mutiny and that would get you shot asap.  Btw, I was in the Marines, not the Navy.  We don't have any ships nor subs.  No offence taken.

JB said "The only thing this situation really shows is that a charter is needed. So people know what they can and can't do.  All I'm doing is fighting a double standard. At least 2 people left the guild and were reinvaded, in the past couple of weeks, immediately. I was even reinvaded by Smittens himself before the poll.  I even had access to the guild member pages of the forum up until I ran the polls. I don't think it is fair that I have to be head to a different standard, just because I disagree with the current Commanders actions.  That is not fair and that is what this is about.  It

upper case

blah blah blah...

we didn't alter the votes damnit. get over it.

we added one vote so nobody would ask "why did geno get the lt spot and not uc?". the vote had stalled for the entire week the pool had been extended so we both earned the lt spot.

lebermac was leaving lt (he never wanted it) and he had decided, a month beforehand, that he'd rp his way out on the death of mogul (i had made him aware of mogul's plan).

so i had agreed to wait the rp to get the lt spot and let geno take his turn more quickly.

so, everyone can bitch all they want about any issue but this one. this is a non-issue.
-- ex-commander upper case

genotype

Thanks for the clarification Stranger.  I honestly, don't know much about how the US military works.

But it just strenghtens my point on droping the uprising against smittens for the moment.

As for the votes. Yes , I didn't know about it. But considering UC's post I don't mind as much anymore.

IF I am considered a bad LT I have no problems stepping down. I am not trying to grip for any sort of power here. I simply like playing with all the [ITAN] members. And me being LT means 2 things. One person less to do the /expel /invite games.   :) Two, well......I have to think about "2" :)

Now, I would want to ask, whether it is really worth that we waste so much time discussing those things over and over and over again, with out achieving anything other than pissing each other off and wasting time.    I would much rather like to just keep playing. I don't think I have ever had the need to argue with any of my fellow [ITAN]s in-game.   

Life is just so much better behind the joystick in the cockpit of a valk :)

JestatisBess

Since i'm in the dark here and can't peek aouit the on going results. could somone let me know how the pols are going? At least how log its gonna last? My 2 polls are set to end in a week i think. When is the poll about me gertting back in supposed to end?

upper case

the wording on the poll needed clarification and when it got corrected, it altered the meaning perceived meaning of some options. thus, i had to reset the poll.

there are currently 6 votes in and we have not reached council majority on the issue yet.

i will not discuss results until all have voted or until majority has been reached.

Jolly Roger

Let him back into this puny guild, or il blast ya all myself.

Yarrr!!

oO parrot there you are

JestatisBess

uppercase: I'm assuming you are talking about the poll about me.  How long is the vote set for?

upper case

the poll was set for a deadline of 3 days. because of the reset, the cut-off date is july the 5th.

JestatisBess

ok thanks for the info

Stranger

upper case posted:
>"we didn't alter the votes damnit. get over it.
>
>we added one vote so nobody would ask "why did geno get the lt spot and not uc?". the vote had stalled for the entire week the pool had >been extended so we both earned the lt spot."

Alter/ Added one; both sound like manipulation of votes to me.  A member of the Guild did not officially vote in said manner.

>lebermac was leaving lt (he never wanted it) and he had decided, a month beforehand, that he'd rp his way out on the death of mogul (i >had made him aware of mogul's plan).
>
>so i had agreed to wait the rp to get the lt spot and let geno take his turn more quickly.

Good on you for wanting to play nice with others but there is still behind the scenes manipulation going that defies the trust given to the leadership by the membership.

>so, everyone can bitch all they want about any issue but this one. this is a non-issue.

Sense when is arranging the votes so that someone else could win a non-issue.  It does not matter who won and who lost.  What matters is that manipulation was done in the background of teh voting process.  How is this a non-issue?

upper case

July 03, 2006, 07:31:57 pm Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:41:17 pm by upper case
it's a non-issue because the poll had ended with a tie.

we bumped that one vote at the very last minute.

now grow up.

AK

All this sounds awfully complicated to me.
1) Why do you (Jess) want to rejoin
2) Why are we not letting him?
3) It's a GAME PEOPLE

Btw, I didn't know that I had to register with my ingame name, I'm AK for all you guys who know me
I am all for peace and quiet!

Go Up

12 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome to Coalition of Itan [ITAN]. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 02:16:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length