March 28, 2024, 11:52:46 am

News:

Border Conflicts non-stop in Deneb!

Pre-Application

Started by Thrundar, January 19, 2014, 10:02:16 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Thrundar

January 19, 2014, 10:02:16 am Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:39:48 pm by Thrundar
Hello all.
A word of thanks to:
ItaniJoe
Arianna
ARF
For helping me out yesterday and today.
As of now I do not meet the REQ's. My stats are: 1/2/-/1/3
Slowly gaining in combat. Flying with Joystick, mouse, and keyboard. Current kill ratio is 92.50, although that can swing wildly.
I'm looking to do "stuff" With people in game. Jack of all trades. Some days I might want to mine, some days I may want to fight. I don't like getting in a rut. That's boring.

Had it not been for a player giving me 2 weeks of premium time, I would have walked away after the 8 hours was up. I do like VO, however it is much like X3 Reunion or X3TC of which I have both. The point of an MMO is doing things with others, and starting out as a noob, the past few days there hasn't been a lot of the "with".

So until last night, I was finding it unlikely that I would spend $10 on a game that does what my current X3 games do.

Been seeing a lot of old timers talking a lot of "smack" on 100, and not much else. Oh, and the occasional message from Faceof to go look at the wiki, but very little in the direction of real help or team work. (Until last night and today from those mentioned at the start of this post.)

When I get a bit more skilled / leveled up in VO, it would be nice to join this guild.
Times I am on vary, can be a lot, or very little throughout the day.
Let's see where this goes.

In game ID is Thrundar-1A
I have Zero alts currently

I should add that I am in Mississippi USA, central time zone
T

Harpo

Hi there, nice to meet you.

I rarely have channel 100 on but you can also find people by saying hello in channel 11, which is nation specific.  I'm up for almost any activity you want to do,

Harpo
Lil' Harpo

LaZyPC

Estrian

Was nice to fight with you in Nation War today, hope you decide to stick around!

Arianna Shadowhawke

January 19, 2014, 08:47:06 pm Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:49:07 pm by Arianna Shadowhawke
Welcome
I am a relative newb to VO myself, and am always glad to help a fellow Itani. Whenever I am on feel free to contact me. I can usually be found hunting queens in Dau or doing border skirms lately, but am usually up for joining anyone that wants to fly together. I look forward to seeing more of you in game. 8)

Thrundar

Was nice to fight with you in Nation War today, hope you decide to stick around!

Thank you.
I knew I would die there, but lived much longer than I thought I would. Figured I could at least distract while better ships ran in for the kills. Ran into trouble on the way back to home space, got bounced by 2 players, shot one down with my one small gun I had left (he only had 9% health), Then gave the other one a run for his money.

I really do not like the friendly fire aspect of VO. Some of the game is cludgy and you really need to know chat commands to do much of anything with others.

Harpo

Please elaborate on the friendly fire aspect of which you speak, I would like to understand your point of view.

ARF

Usually you find teamwork in some of the later combat missions (Border/Hive Skirmishes, available at combat 3), the Conquerable Stations and big crafting or trade projects.

We do require an active subscription and at least combat level 3 for guild membership. Lite subs count for that though, so if you've got an Android device or iPad handy, you could do that for $1/mo until you've had a chance to really get into the game.

If that's on your roadmap, and you're looking for a mentor, I'm sure one of our members would be happy to oblige. :)

Thrundar

For now I seem stuck, a long ways from combat lvl 3. I either get the rogue queen mission of which I keep failing, or some real  low point kill the collectors mission.

If it's required for me to actually put out money while I still have a week left, from a 2 week "gift", well then maybe this isn't the Guild for me. Not that actually buying time (am on a PC) is out of the question. However I rather spend my money wisely.

To Harpo. Friendly fire...just what it is. I don't like hitting, or being hit by a wingman.

Ya'll have fun. I'll either figure out how to rank up on my own, find a guild willing to show a noob the ropes (me), or just quit. Combat ranking is simply being hard for me. Weird.

Take care.

ARF

By all means, finish out your friend key trial time before subscribing, and like I said, we'd be more than happy to help you get started if you're looking for a mentor.

I recommend the Intermediate Combat Practice mission if you're looking for something that doesn't involve 5 bots attacking you at once but is less of a boring grind than blasting collector bots. TyCorp Assaults aren't terribly dangerous and they give much better XP than Artemis Collector drones.

Thrundar

Change this to a formal Application.

Ranks follow.
3/3/3/2/3
Yes,combat is now 3. :D
NO alts as of yet.

Go Up

12 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome to Coalition of Itan [ITAN]. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:46 am

Login with username, password and session length