April 24, 2024, 11:22:52 am

News:

Click here for an interactive Vendetta universe map.

Application: LaVerne

Started by LaVerne, March 13, 2012, 12:18:34 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LaVerne

March 13, 2012, 12:18:34 pm Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:35:23 pm by LaVerne
LaVerne (of DOTT fame :-))

I played a month of VO about a year ago, and resubscribed now with a different character.

I'm currently 5/5/4/2/2, running BS and HS missions to get more combat practice. I am OK at the hive skirmishes, but still get creamed if an assault bot somehow comes close while I'm concentrating on someone else. I've not tried to bigger hive missions yet.

Edit: Currently 6/6/5...

My current fighting technique is generally: press X to get closest bot, fly towards it, press a random combination of strafe+roll+accel/decel, and click the mouse button everytime the crosshairs are close to the target indicator. I am actually more efficient with the good auto aim weapons but I'm avoiding them since I think they're a crutch.  I would love to learn more combat techniques, both PvP and larger battles.

I used to play Elite quite a bit when it first came out. I really enjoy VO so far but am looking for more teamplay / learning possibilities.

I've been experimenting a bit with different ships and configurations but I am currently flying the good old vult + neutrons. I would love to do some combined arms missions. Also, I do not mind mining / crafting a bit if it's for a good cause :-)

Greenwall

look forward to seeing you in game!

LaZyPC

I don't... the only person I have ever known named Laverne calls me constantly asking me to do retarded things... and I hate her...

LaVerne

@LaZypc: Why, thank you, and that from a fellow LaX :-)

Otto Nemo

Hello LaVerne.

LaZy, is your name Squiggy?

Estrian

Baekma Goji

I am actually more efficient with the good auto aim weapons but I'm avoiding them since I think they're a crutch.  I would love to learn more combat techniques, both PvP and larger battles.

I like him already. I would gladly train you with the higher level energy weapons. I can teach you some of my personal favourite loadouts for different ships, how to counter the different strafing styles of human opponents and good ways to train against bots.

FYI: I am bottom_feeder.
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

LaVerne

Appreciated! Will contact you if I see you online. I went into a medium skirmish yesterday night and there were two player controlled rags. I tried a number of configurations (vult, rag, energy/rockets) but found it extremely hard to kill them before they were back to their capships and either repaired or the capship got me killed. They were attacking a teradon attacking their capships, I guess if they go on bombing raids on our own ships you have more time.

I'm trying to get my heavy up to 6 or 7 for the swarms and combat to 8, so will probably be doing more skirmishes the coming nights.

~NC~

I have done a bit with a Warthog using Gemini on small and Devastator on large and using large for kill. Also using Rag with 3 Gem and 2 Dev. I went into Small Hives, Fighter Skirm and Small Skirm Sun afternoon and made over 10 Large Port Weapon EXP. The best are the Hives during Ion Storms as you get 4X on all.

~NC~ and Carolina Blue

Go Up

9 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome to Coalition of Itan [ITAN]. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 11:22:52 am

Login with username, password and session length